Saturday, May 30, 2009

11 Miler

I have come to the conclusion that I can no longer do strength workouts a day or two before a long run. I have reach that point in my training. With my chest and shoulders being sore, it does not make for a good run.


Workout

11 mile run of hills.

This was my toughest run of the year. I knew it was going to be bad when I saw a coyote in the middle of the trail a few minutes into my run.

My upper body was very sore, which didn’t help. It was also hot and humid, I started my run at about 10am. My body has not adjusted to the heat yet. My allergies were also making it a little harder to breath. This happens every year and it takes a couple of weeks for my body to adjust.

Distance – 11 miles
Time – 1:28:33
Pace – 8:03
Ascent – 1769 feet
Descent – 1809 feet

Calories burned – 1300

Diet

Calories – 2300

Carbs – 160g (40%)
Protein – 177g (44%)
Fat – 66g (16%)


In good health,
Joe
www.eeathlete.com
joe@eeathlete.com

No comments:

Post a Comment