Thursday, May 14, 2009

Need To Switch

I had to readjust my schedule and flip a couple of workouts. What this basically means is that over the next few days my legs are going to be taking a beating.


AM Workout

45 minutes of swim drills.

Today’s drills were all about power. I did a combination of paddles, fins, 1-arm, fist and speed drills. I felt great. My stroke is feeling really good. Like I have mentioned before, the swim is my weakest discipline in triathlon. I am hoping to be able to hit the pool twice a week, but right now it is not an option.


PM Workout

This was supposed to be a bike day, but it is pouring out. Instead I decided to move my bike to tomorrow.

I went with a new Tony 1-on-1 workout called Medicine Ball Core Cardio. It is quick and high intensity. The total workout time is about 20 minutes and you really go all out. My heart rate was 180+ numerous times. Every move has you swinging or lifting the medicine ball in some way. It is like a combo of plyometrics and a leg workout while using a medicine ball.

I will definitely be doing this one again.


Diet

Calories – 2300

Carbs – 201g (47%)
Protein – 170g (39%)
Fat – 62g (14%)


In good health,
Joe
www.eeathlete.com
joe@eeathlete.com

No comments:

Post a Comment