Monday, April 20, 2009

First Race Of 2009

My first race is in the books. It was great to get back into action. Even though it was a short race, it was still beneficial to get my mind into race mode. I also realized why I stopped doing shorter races. It usually takes me about 3 miles before I start feeling comfortable.

My next race is not until the end of June. It will be my first triathlon of the year. I am looking forward to it. I love the atmosphere of triathlon.


AM Workout

5k race.

The weather could have been better. It was rainy and a little on the cool side. I really didn’t mind it. I started off great, but after the first mile it was obvious I was not fully recovered from Friday’s bike ride. I did the best I could and did not push myself like I had planned. With running, triathlon or any endurance sport, you can never predict how you will be feeling the day of the race.

I have learned to go with how I am feeling. That way, I lessen the chance of injury.

I finished in a time of 22:08, 7:08 minute miles.


PM Workout

The afternoon workout was a kettlebell routine followed by Ab Ripper X. The total workout time was about an hour and a half.

This was my first true kettlebell routine and I loved it. I will post my workout down the road. Some of the exercises performed were 2-arm swings, 1-arm swings, chest press, 1-arm press, hammer curls and squats to name a few. It was a great workout and completely different from anything I have done in the past.

Ab Ripper X was just as fun as it always is.


Diet

Today I had a few desserts and a Jack Daniels on the rocks. I was at a baptism and these things just happen. Especially when my aunt is an awesome baker. My diet could definitely have been better today.

Calories – 3000

Carbs – 338g (55%)
Protein – 166g (27%)
Fat – 114g (18%)


In good health,
Joe
www.eeathlete.com
joe@eeathlete.com

No comments:

Post a Comment