Saturday, April 11, 2009

The Double From Hell

I am feeling a little better today. I had to rearrange my schedule for the holidays. That means today became a double. I am not sure if I am going to be able to post tomorrow. If I do, it will be extra short.


AM Workout

This was the big one. The 30/15 routine followed by Killer Abs. Both of these workouts are taken from Tony’s 1-on-1 series. My total workout time was about an hour and forty minutes.

When I started I could tell I was still sluggish from having a cold. I gave this workout everything I had. By the fourth set, my arms were shaking. I kept pushing and pushing.

When it was all said and done, I finished with 311 push-ups and 180 pull-ups. The pull-ups are a personal best for me.

I don’t even remember Killer Abs, but I know I got through them.


PM Workout

This was probably not the smartest of moves. 8 miles of hills. About 2 miles in, my chest was feeling it. By mile 6, my chest was a hurtin’.

I wasn’t expecting much out of this run after my mammoth morning workout. I definitely struggled throughout the 8 miles.

I finished with an 8:10 minute mile pace. There were about 1500 feet of climbing and 1600 feet of descents.

Overall, I was very happy with the run. On a side note, I highly recommend NOT doing an 8-mile hill run after the 30/15 routine.


Diet

Calories – 2600

Carbs – 349g (61%)
Protein – 150g (27%)
Fat – 71g (12%)


In good health,
Joe

No comments:

Post a Comment