Thursday, April 16, 2009

Time For A Double

Well I am halfway thru my recovery week. Things are moving along good. My body is enjoying the light strength workouts. I have been on edge lately. Nine people in my family came down with the flu. It happened right after our Easter get together. I am anticipating it coming my way. Especially since the wife had it. So far, I am good.

Next week, I am going to switch things up a bit. My strength training is going to be a combination of kettlebell work, P90X and Tony’s 1-on-1 workouts. I should mention that Tony is the creator of P90X. The 1-on-1 workouts are very similar to P90X. Some of them are a little more intense and some are not. It’s nice to add different workouts to the rotation. It keeps things fresh.


AM Workout

I started the morning off with 45 minutes of bike intervals. It was my typical workout. My first set was 21, 23 and 25 miles per hour. My max set was 31, 33, 35 miles per hour. My body is definitely getting use to the workout and I am starting to get a little bored with it. Luckily I had 45 minutes left of a movie, Bottle Shock. For anyone who enjoys wine or is a wino like me, I recommend it. It is based on a true story.

Ok, back to the workout. Next week, I will be switching it up. Instead of intervals, I will be moving to a Spinervals workout. It is called Sweating Buckets and is about an hour in length.


PM Workout

It was a nice mid-afternoon swim. One mile of straight laps. I felt really comfortable with my stroke today. My arms did get tired pretty fast. I know this is due to my strength workouts. Eventually this will drop off as my strength training becomes less frequent.

Overall, a better than average swim.


Diet

Calories – 2300

Carbs – 259g (49%)
Protein – 186g (35%)
Fat – 88g (16%)


In good health,
Joe
www.eeathlete.com
joe@eeathlete.com

No comments:

Post a Comment