Thursday, April 2, 2009

Bike Swim

It was another double today. Both workouts went very smooth. No interference from the kids and I was able to get both done while they were sleeping or at school. I am slowly approaching my final week of this phase and I have to say it has been tough. My two strength workouts are both difficult.


AM Workout

The morning started off with 45 minutes of bike intervals. I began with a 4 minute warm up and then the first interval. I work in sets of two. One minute on and one minute off. During the minute on, I increase every 20 seconds. My first set was 21, 23 and 25 miles per hour. My max set was 31, 33, 35 miles per hour. I work in a pyramid.

This was a great way to start off the morning. I burnt a ton of calories and was ready to face the work day.


PM Workout

My afternoon workout was spent at the pool doing 40 minutes of drills. Since it was my first drill session of the season, I wanted to start off slow. Also, swimming has been tough these past couple of weeks. With the heavy weightlifting, my arms and chest hurt as soon as I start.

My sets:

Warm-up: 150 yards
Paddle and Buoy Drills: 250 yards
1-ArmDrills: 250 yards
Fist Drills: 250 yards
Kickboard and Fins Drill: 250 yards
Speed Drills: 100 yards
Cool Down: 150 yards


Diet

My diet has been great this week. I couldn’t be happier.

Calories – 1900

Carbs – 149g (38%)
Protein – 192g (48%)
Fat – 56g (14%)


In good health,
Joe

No comments:

Post a Comment