Saturday, February 7, 2009

Stretching on 2/7/2009

Today, my first true blog and what do I throw at you...stretching. I promise things will get more interesting.

That being said, stretching is an important part of all my workouts. I start out all my workouts, with about 5 minutes of stretching. This gets the muscles loose and ready for action. I also end all workouts with about 3 minutes of stretching.

These days, Saturdays are completely devoted to stretching. I use P90X's X Stretch video. This is a total body stretch that runs about 55 minutes in length. After a long week of workouts, this is just what I need. I am usually pretty damn sore by this point.

The stretching has helped out my flexibility huge. It has also gotten rid of some of those small nagging sore spots that never seem to go away. Stretching changed that. My rotator cuff and shin splint issues that I have dealt with suddenly disappeared after a few stretch sessions.

Today's stretch was good. I was extremely sore across the chest and arms. I keep forgetting how tight my glutes get by pounding them throughout the week.


Diet

I promised I would post my diet. My posts will be from the prior day. Since I did not post my workout yesterday, I wanted to mention it here. I did Tony's 1-on-1 Cardio 5-6 Plus(more on that in future post). Basically, it was 40 minutes of cardio. I will also include the percentage of carbs, protein and fat that make up my diet.

Calories - 2000

Carbs - 196g (47%)
Fat - 72g (17%)
Protein - 149g (36%)


Workout for 2/8/2009 - 2/14/2009

On my Saturday blog, I will post my upcoming week's schedule.

Sunday - 6 mile run (A.M.)
Chest, Shoulder & Tri's/Ab Ripper X (P.M.)

Monday - Plyometrics (A.M.)
1 mile swim (P.M.)

Tuesday - Back & Biceps/Ab Ripper X (A.M.)

Wednesday - Yoga X (A.M.)

Thursday - Legs & Back/Killer Abs (A.M.)
3 mile run (P.M.)

Friday - 60 minutes of intervals on the bike (A.M.)

Saturday - X Stretch


In good health,
Joe

No comments:

Post a Comment