Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Intervals, Abs and a Loss

Well, today kind of started off with a bummer. The Million Dollar Body contest I had been in through Beachbody picked their 8 finalists today. Unfortunately, I was not one of them. I shook it off and moved on. It was a great feeling being part of the group of twelve (male 30-39) from which one of the finalists would be chosen. Plus, I won $1000 for my age group back in April which qualified me to be a finalist.


Workout

Today was Interval X and Abs Core Plus. Both of these workouts are from the P90X+ series. You are looking at a combined workout time of an hour.

Interval X is another favorite of mine. You perform multiple exercises at three different speeds, switching every 20 seconds. The exercises range from running in place to lunges to push-ups. There are times during this workout that my heart rate is 180+. I was dripping wet by the time it was over.

Abs/Core Plus was a little tougher than normal today. The hanging moves were a struggle today. My arms were very weak. I am not sure why? Too many pull-ups the prior week? A ball-busting upper body workout yesterday? I don’t know? You just have to suck it up and do your best. There will always be days that are harder than others. The key is not to get down about. Pick yourself and crush it next time. Your body will tell you when you need to take it back a little. It is wise to listen. You don’t want to end up injuring yourself.


Diet

My diet has been pretty good the past couple of days. Last week was immaculate, so I am cutting myself a little slack. I enjoyed a couple of pieces of chocolate as a snack yesterday and they were not of the dark variety, straight milk chocolate. One being a Reese’s Cluster. It was excellent and totally worth it.

Calories – 2000

Carbs – 219g (51%)
Protein – 150g (35%)
Fat – 61g (14%)


In good health,
Joe

No comments:

Post a Comment