Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Almost A Bike Break

This past weekend was quite different as far as temperatures go. It was cool and windy. Far from a late summer day. This made my 50 mile ride pretty tough. I came in at an average speed of 17.6mph. My legs were burnt. No matter which way I turned, it seemed like I was riding against the wind. I don’t think I have ever been so happy to get off my bike. I have three more rides scheduled before my century and then it is a break from the bike.

A couple days later, I pumped out a pseudo P90X shoulders and arms workout. Again, I went light. Again, I am just trying to get my muscle use to the moves before I go at it full force. I felt good. Even though it has only been a couple of weeks, I feel some gains in strength already. I was tempted to push it, but held back. There will be plenty of time for that in the upcoming months.

In good health,
Joe
www.eeathlete.com
joe@eeathlete.com

No comments:

Post a Comment