Friday, September 25, 2009

Squat

Today was Legs and Back followed by Ab Ripper. (Take a look at blogs from March 2009 for complete P90X, P90X+ and 1-on-1 workout overviews)

I knew this one was going to be tough. My legs were extremely sore to begin with. I put my focus on form and got started. I forgot how many lunges and squats you do in this workout. I used 20 pound weights for each of the leg exercises that allowed me to. For the pull-ups, my goal was ten per set.

I kept my reps per leg exercise at 20. This was perfect. Tough enough to make me shake, but not so bad that I wanted to collapse. That was until I got to the calf raises. 75 straight calf raises. Ouch! When I was finished, I thought they were going to seize on me. I had to take a minute before moving on.

The pull-ups went good. I felt strong on all sets except for the wide-grip. Those still need some work. I had to take one 5 second break after the 7th rep both times. I am confident I will get back to where I was fairly quickly.

Ab Ripper was good. No issues there.

Tomorrow is basketball. I am worried I won’t be able to jump.

Diet

Calories – 1500

Carbs – 149g (51%)
Protein – 101g (35%)
Fat – 43g (14%)

In good health,
Joe
http://www.eeathlete.com/
joe@eeathlete.com

No comments:

Post a Comment