Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Stretchin' Arms

Workouts were 1-on-1 Just Arms and X Stretch. (Take a look at blogs from March 2009 for complete P90X, P90X+ and 1-on-1 workout overviews)

Just Arms and a stretch sounded like a good combo and after the pounding I put on my arms, it turned out to be a great plan.

I won’t say much about the X Stretch other then the timing was perfect. It was just what the doctor ordered.

Now, for my arms workout. I went very heavy. Well, at least heavy for me. I increase the weight I used on just about all the exercises by 5 pounds. I love the straight weightlifting days because you get a little break in between each set to regroup. Right from the first set, I could tell it was going to be a good day. I pumped out a clean set of 10 bicep curls using 35’s. I tried to use no less than 30 lbs. on all bi/tri exercises. The only one I wasn’t able to accomplish that was on crazy 8’s. That where you keep one arm static (L position) while curling 8 times with the other arm. You repeat this twice per arm for a total of 32 reps. It’s brutal. I also pounded my forearms. They were tightening up on me halfway through the workout.

Once I move on to a new routine, I plan on making 1-on-1 arms a weekly stop.

In good health,
Joe
www.eeathlete.com
joe@eeathlete.com

No comments:

Post a Comment