Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Back To Reality

Workouts were basketball, X Stretch, Chest & Back with Ab Ripper X and Plyometrics. (Take a look at blogs from March 2009 for complete P90X, P90X+ and 1-on-1 workout overviews)

Basketball finally went halfway decent. My shot is coming around and I played hard. It was a great couple of hours of exercise. I played every game.

The next day was a nice stretch. It also marked the end of my recovery week. It was time to get back to work.

Chest and Back was a tough. I haven’t done this one in about 8 weeks. Four exercises in, I remembered why it is such a pain in the ass. It is push-ups followed by pull-ups followed by push-ups followed by…you get the picture. I kept pace with my last C&B workout and I was even able to increase reps and weight in a few of the exercises. I love this routine. I was feeling tight afterwards, so I can just imagine what the next couple of days are going to be like. Ab Ripper X was like welcoming back an old friend.

I woke up for plyo feeling very sore. I really was not in the mood to workout. The warm-up was not fun and neither was the first round of exercises. I felt sluggish. After about 20 minutes, I started feeling loose and strong. I started pushing myself. I was going deeper in my lunges and jumping as high as possible. I have to admit that while plyo is still a great workout, it has lost some of its difficulty. It could be because I have been doing it for a while. Who knows? I may start using a weighted vest to add some extra resistance.

In good health,
Joe
www.eeathlete.com
joe@eeathlete.com

No comments:

Post a Comment