Friday, December 18, 2009

No Pool

Workouts were a 5mile run, 40 minutes on the bike, Yoga X and 1-on-1 Diamond Delts. (Take a look at blogs from March 2009 for complete P90X, P90X+ and 1-on-1 workout overviews)

My workouts w got a little mixed up over the past couple of days. I was supposed to get a swim in, but when I went to the pool, it was closed for cleaning. So I had to swap it out for a bike. This meant a 3 workout day. Luckily yoga was one of the workouts.

My weekly run was good. Another 5 miler. I had to keep indoors due to icy sidewalks. I kept it interesting by switching up the pace. I came in at about a 7:50 pace, which is fine for me.

The following day was my trifecta. I started off with a little bike. About 40 minutes of spinning. I felt very strong on the bike. I had my pace at 30 mph at some spots. Of course we are talking indoors on the trainer, but stiil, it is enough to get the heart rate up. I definitely burned a bunch of calories. Next up was my lunch time yoga. Like I have said the past couple of weeks, the longer yoga is really helping and I am enjoying it. I will probably switch back to the shorter yoga once triathlon season starts. Finally, 1-on-1 Diamond Delts. At this point, I decided to go for broke. I went heavy and hard. I maxed out on all the weight. My reps were around 8-9 per exercise. I will be feeling this one tomorrow.

Tomorrow is basketball.

In good health,
Joe
www.eeathlete.com
joe@eeathlete.com

No comments:

Post a Comment