Monday, July 13, 2009

Long

It has been a few days since my last post. It was a very busy weekend. I had 3 pretty decent workouts since my last post. I decided to do something I haven’t done in years, play basketball. I knew this might affect my workouts over the weekend, but I wanted to do it anyway.

Friday – This was basketball day. Two hours total. The rust definitely showed. I think I left my jump shot somewhere out west. I am hoping things fall back into place, but if not, I can’t be too disappointed considering I have played once or twice in the past 7 years.

Saturday – This was my longest training run of the year, 13 miles. It was very humid. My allergies were not happy. I had a tough time breathing. I busted out the Breathe-Right nasal strip for this one. After all was said and done, it turned out to be a great run.

Time – 1:42:39
Pace – 7:53
Total Ascent – 2393 ft.
Total Descent – 2419 ft.
Calories Burned – 1564

Sunday – This was my longest swim of the year, 1.5 miles in the open water. It was pretty rough. I was a little tired from the night before and pretty sore from basketball and my 13 miler. I got into a real nice rhythm about ¼ of the way thru. I felt great when I was finished. Not so good when I woke up the next day. Everything was tight.

Today is a rest day and tomorrow will be a ride to work.

In good health,
Joe
www.eeathlete.com
joe@eeathlete.com

No comments:

Post a Comment