Friday, January 29, 2010

How Long

Workouts were rowing, elliptical, spinning, Shoulders and Arms with Ab Ripper X. (Take a look at blogs from March 2009 for complete P90X, P90X+ and 1-on-1 workout overviews)

Trying to get some cardio this week, I did some unorthodox workouts, at least for me.

I started off with a combination of rowing and the elliptical, 15 minutes each. Rowing was a bear. I kayak during the summer, but this was different. It worked a different group of muscles. My back was feeling it after about five minutes. It was great. After that, I jumped on the elliptical for a little bit. I kept it at a nice pace. I was able to get up to about a 6 minute mile pace, but I tried not to hold it for long. Over all, it was a halfway decent cardio session. Better than nothing.

Next was 20 minutes on the bike. I felt no pain here which was good. I stayed at a 16-18 mph pace. I didn’t want to push too much. I had the big chain ring in front and about 15 in the back. Another small cardio session that helped build my confidence slightly.

Shoulders and Arms were next up. This was a great workout. A+!!! I tackled this with everything I had. I went heavy on all exercises and I only had to take a couple mid-set breaks. I felt great when I was finished. I haven’t had a quality workout like this since before the injury.

Well, I have the ankle appointment in a few days. Hopefully the news will be good. Hopefully I am on the mend.

In good health,
Joe
www.eeathlete.com
joe@eeathlete.com

No comments:

Post a Comment