Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Confused

Today was an overall upper body workout. (Take a look at blogs from March 2009 for complete P90X, P90X+ and 1-on-1 workout overviews)

I had my first workout since the basketball injury. I figured even though I can’t do any cardio right now, I can still hit the weights. So that’s what I did. My initial thought was to do a P90X workout. Instead I went with an upper body workout, 4 sets per muscle group. It was frustrating not being able to do my kettlebell workout. I cannot have too much weight on the injury foot. It was also a perfect day to run outside. I tried to stay focused on my workout and not worry/think about the injury, easier said than done. I know the rehab process will be slow, but what are you going to do. I am going to try to get on the bike this weekend and spend some more time in the pool. It might be a good time to build these two disciplines with triathlon training right around the corner.

The remainder of the week is still up in the air. I am looking at fitting in another weight session and possibly a swim. I am not sure yet. My good judgment is telling me to rest a couple more days and my bad judgment is telling me to get moving.

In good health,
Joe
www.eeathlete.com
joe@eeathlete.com

No comments:

Post a Comment