Thursday, January 21, 2010

On The Mend

Workouts were Shoulders and Arms with Ab Ripper X and a swimming session. (Take a look at blogs from March 2009 for complete P90X, P90X+ and 1-on-1 workout overviews)

I am slowly coming back from my ankle injury. It has been two weeks and I still have some pain, but definitely not what it was. I am going to be careful with this one and start back very slowly. First, I will walk a mile or two and base where to go next on how I am feeling. I do not want to make things worse especially with triathlon specific training right around the corner.

I started back with a solid Shoulders and Back workout. I was able to go heavy and keep pace with my previous S&B workout. Looking back, I was actually very fresh. Maybe the time off was a blessing in disguise.

Next was some time in the pool. I wasn’t planning on using my legs at all. My workout consisted of 18 laps using the pull buoy, 9 with hand paddles and 9 without. After the first 7 or 8 laps, I really felt it in my chest and shoulders. I was able to get somewhat of an aerobic workout as well as upper body. After I was finished, I did 3 laps of running. This was the first time I have tried any pool running. It wasn’t easy, but it felt good to get some movement in the legs.

In good health,
Joe
www.eeathlete.com
joe@eeathlete.com

No comments:

Post a Comment