Monday, January 4, 2010

Feeling Better

Workouts were a 5K and Chest, Shoulders and Tri’s with Ab Ripper X. (Take a look at blogs from March 2009 for complete P90X, P90X+ and 1-on-1 workout overviews)

Well, after a week off due to illness, I am back.

I planned to start off slow since I am not feeling 100%. I decided on a 2 miler to get me back into the swing of things. That 2 mile run turned into a 5K. I felt good during the run and kept about a 7:50 pace.

The next day was Chest, Shoulders and Tri’s followed by Ab Ripper X. This is where I definitely noticed that the time off hurt. Every weight I lifted felt like it was 5-10 pounds heavier. The push-ups were also brutal. My strength was definitely not there. I took a bunch of mid-set breaks. It probably would have made sense to lower the weight, but I wanted to stick with my previous workout. I was able to accomplish that which was a goal in itself.

I do not know how the rest of the week is going to play out, but I know I am going to skip the pool and opt for a bike session instead.

In good health,
Joe
www.eeathlete.com
joe@eeathlete.com

No comments:

Post a Comment