Thursday, March 11, 2010

Extended

Just when I thought things would be coming to an end, they get extended. Three more weeks of physical therapy. Luckily I get to cut down to once a week.

I am hoping to start making some progress soon and start getting a more set schedule. Once therapy goes down to once a week, it will be easier to manage.

I am up to running 3 miles outdoors and got the ok to bump it up to 4. I also started doing some hill intervals. I have to walk the hills and they are only a 5% grade, but its movement in the right direction.

Swimming is also increasing. I am getting close to ¾ of a mile. So far there have been no problems with the foot in the water. Regardless, I am pacing myself. On the bike, I am staying at 20 miles until I am able to get outside. I am not trying to go crazy with the speed on the indoor trainer. Again, just pacing myself.

I have completely taken a break from all things P90X and shifted to the Bowflex for the next 3 weeks. I figure it would be a nice change of pace and really throw my muscles off.

Next week will start some solid triathlon training.

I still can’t believe how long this ankle is taking to heal.

In good health,
Joe
www.eeathlete.com
joe@eeathlete.com

No comments:

Post a Comment