Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Back To The X

I am finally back into full swing of P90X workouts. Things have been progressing slowly and I am concentrating more on form than weight and numbers. I am also replacing some of the exercises with my own. Not a lot of them, just one or two here and there. As much as I like doing push ups, I miss pressing weight. So, I am adding some incline, decline and flat bench presses.

I am also using the Bosu when possible. I stand on it for 75% of the exercises during shoulders ad arms. I also have switched out a couple of the exercises and added preacher curls and shrugs.

Finally, I have also changed a few of the ab exercises. I added a couple of exercise ball moves, as well as decline ab work.

I have taken a solid 6 weeks off from anything triathlon related. I am allowing my ankle and shin splints to completely heal. When I come back, it is going to be slow. I will be starting this weekend with a 1.5 mile run.

I have another two weeks of P90X and then I will be swtiching over to Insanity for a few weeks. I am looking forward to seeing what that is about.

In good health,
Joe
joe@eeathlete.com
www.eeathlete.com

No comments:

Post a Comment